Popular Posts

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Whoopi Goldberg Academy Award High?

I don't usually post "gossip" as a standard, but all things Oscar are fair game. 

A recent video from August of 1992 surfaced on TMZ, in which Whoopi Goldberg revealed during a voice over recording session that she had smoked a join before the 63rd Annual Academy Awards in 1991 when she won her Best Supporting Actress Oscar for "Ghost".

"Smoking cigarettes and pot every now and then are my habits," said the actress, who went on to host the Oscars four times."And I thought, 'I've got to relax,'" she says. "So I smoked this wonderful joint that was the last of my home-grown.""When [Washington] said my name and I popped up, I thought, 'Oh f--k...OK, up the stairs...around to the podium...there's millions of people, pick up the statue, get the statue."

She managed to get through her speech without a hitch, "Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted this. You don't know!" She even remembered to thank everybody.

According to Goldberg her mother called her after the show, indicating she knew the actress had smoked weed because of her glistening eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment